Village of Minier
Superintendent of Public Works/Water/Sewer Job Posting
Superintendent of Public Works/Water/Sewer Job Purpose:
Manage the operation and maintenance of the Public Works, Water and Sewer Departments in an ethical and professional manner.
Superintendent of Public Works/Water/Sewer Reports to:
Village of Minier President and Board of Trustees at Village Board Meetings held the first and third Tuesday of each month or as needed
Superintendent of Public Works/Water/Sewer Qualifications:
- Possess an Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Class “B” Public Water Supply Operator License or able to obtain within 12 months
- Possess an Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Class “4” Wastewater Treatment Works Operator License or able to obtain within 12 months
- Possess or obtain within 90 days or hire date, a State of Illinois Class “B” Commercial Drivers License
- Possess or obtain within one year of hire date, an Illinois Department of Agriculture Pesticide Applicator License for Rights of Way and Mosquito categories
- Five years experience in Public Works, Water and Sewer management
- Five years experience in managing and evaluating employees
- General knowledge of municipal finance
- Experience performing NPDES laboratory analyses
- Ability to Serve as liaison between Village of Minier and residents
- Proficient knowledge of building, grounds, vehicle and equipment maintenance procedures
- Proficient knowledge of park and playground maintenance procedures
- Proficient knowledge of street construction and maintenance procedures
- Proficient knowledge of storm water drainage construction and maintenance procedures
- Proficient knowledge of snow removal procedures
- Proficient knowledge of tree care procedures
- Be apprised of current industry practices for Public Works, Water and Sewer Departments
- Strong ability to organize and manage multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to perform all duties outlined in the Village of Minier Superintendent of Public Works/Water/Sewer Job Description in an ethical and professional manner
- Live within 10 road-miles of the Village of Minier corporate limits within twelve months of hire date
Salary and Benefits
- Salaried position, salary range based on experience
- Employee and family health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement program – Illinois Municipal Retirement Plan
To request an application contact the Minier Village Clerk at email@example.com , 309.392.2442, or Minier Village Clerk, P. O. Box 350, Minier, IL 61759
All applications must be received by November 10th.
Police Officer Positions Available
The Minier Police Department is accepting applications for the position of part-time patrol officer.
Minimum qualifications include:
- United States Citizen
- Basic Law Enforcement Certification or Part-time Police Certification required
- Minimum age 21
- Valid Driver’s License
- No Felony Convictions
- Applicants must undergo extensive background investigation.
- Applicants must complete physical examination and drug screen prior to employment paid by the Village of Minier.
- Successfully complete 6 month probation period
Compensation package includes:
- $18.40 per hour with double time for holidays worked
- $600.00 per year uniform allowance
Applications may be picked up at the Minier Village Hall at 110 W. Central Ave. . Questions should be directed to Chief Daryl Weseloh at 309-392-2442, ex. 6.